Social media and social networking have changed sales and marketing and given us the ability to:
- Identify and target specific consumer groups less expensively and quicker than before
- Engage in dialogue with more people than ever before, and through more avenues
- Increase the opportunities for peer influence
Although still early days, Social Commerce is becoming a substantial market in the global economy. We know for example, that 'sharing' activities such as 'like' and recommendations drive sales. Clients trust recommendations not only from people they know, but also complete strangers. Fans of a brand are more likely to buy it.
Successful brands are leveraging social networking many ways including:
- Liking - used for targeting customers with focused content, reviews, recommendations
- Authority - recommendations, testimonials, reviews, advice
- Commitment - offer new information to influencers
- Monitor social media conversations - respond fairly to criticisms,
answer comments and questions, spread positive customer
- Create referral programs and reward customers. Offer exclusive privileges, opportunities,
WSI can help you identify where to start
Find out more by joining a webinar, or see our 12 Steps, or ask your local office about the 12 Steps Programme which allows you to hit the ground running.