A well designed, persuasive website will lead customers through an easy process to get what they came for. A badly designed website will lose all but the most tenacious customer quickly to a competitor.
Create clear goals for the process:
- Create a constituent (customer) based design for your Web properties that provides clear paths through the properties for each constituent and gives them what they are most likely coming for, and provides for you the actions you want each to take.
- Create a Web property design that can be given to the development team (internal or external) so they know exactly what is to be built. This can save you (a lot) of money if you are using an outside vendor.
- Assemble, or renew, the team that has the responsibility for getting results from the properties.
- Develop a set of measurements that will tell you clearly the status of the goals you have for the site.
- Create a consistent and shared view among your team of exactly what the site is to do, and how it will be measured.
- Identify the goals you would like to achieve with the Web properties
- Review of the current, and 12-month projected, status of the Web properties
- Review of the current look and feel of Web properties (Graphic design, UI and UX: user interface and user experience)
- Define your constituent demographics and focus
- Defining constituent needs
- Identifying actions and outcomes needed for each constituent group
- Architecting the structure of the Web properties
- What is the specific strategy for using web properties to drive revenue?
- Defining Web property ownership responsibilities
- How will you drive traffic to site via PPC, SEO and Direct methods?
- Developing a comprehensive measurement system
- How should the budget be calculated and can we realize a sound ROI?
And finally, you need to consider how web property strategy integrates with the other digital marketing elements - Social, Mobile, Traffic Creation, and Measurement
Of course, you can try to do these yourself, but engaging the expertise of WSI digital marketing experts in making persuasive websites is more efficient, and will achieve superior results. It's what we do well.
Find out more by joining a webinar, or see our 12 Steps, or ask your local office about the 12 Steps Programme which allows you to hit the ground running.