Crowdsourcing is an innovative information gathering method for leading edge thought content provided by multiple freelancers/contributors and streamlined to employ maximum aggregation and distribution efficiencies across the board. Every organization regardless of size or market has the ability to integrate the crowdsourcing process to lower costs, raise the innovation bar and add turnaround speed to get on to the next project easier, faster and smarter.
There are now approximately 100 Web sites using this custom approach to complete work via the Web and the concept is still young. Over time however, we will see crowd-sourcing dwarf outsourcing in the volumes of work completed. It will become a very normal thing for organizations to post a high percentage of their project needs online to be completed by contracted freelance workers. The faster you and your organization learn to integrate this option, the sooner you will reap the rewards.
- Identify methods to lower back office costs
- Develop ways to add innovation and creativity form the crowd
- Develop new methods for getting work done faster than in-house alternatives
- Develop an ability to find solutions to problems that have not been solved in the past
- Add crowd sourcing as a tool to fill roles that do not require full time staff
- Choose the best Web site for announcing the task/project
- Choose the appropriate bounty amount and project time window
- Provide complete and valuable instructions ongoing feedback as the project/contest runs
- Make the final selection of the winning work/solution out the job in a thorough manner
- Verify you are not in violation of any copyright or trademark filings
Please ask your local WSI Digital Marketing Consultant for help
Find out more by joining a webinar, or see our 12 Steps, or ask your local WSI office about the 12 Steps Programme which allows you to hit the ground running.